Wholesale License Requirements
How to Get a Wholesale License in Wisconsin
Obtaining your wholesale dealer license is a pivotal step in launching your automotive career. However, this process can be long and complicated if done on your own. The Wisconsin State Government requires a substantial amount of forms and paperwork that can be difficult to acquire or keep organized. Not only that, but their length and complexity are difficult to comprehend. We at US Dealers Licensing are here to walk you through the process to make it as easy as possible. Our team of representatives are experts in this subject and know every procedure required to get your license easily and as soon as possible. We even pride ourselves on being able to help our clients get their license in as little as thirty days! It’s that simple! See for yourself how our dealer licensing services have helped transform small dealerships across the Badger State.
Who Needs a Dealer License?
The State of Wisconsin requires a wholesale dealer license from anyone who sells, leases, or negotiates any sales or contracts of automobiles. This license applies to dealers who sell more than five of their vehicles within a calendar year. Therefore this license applies to small dealerships as well. The reason these requirements are in place is to encourage fair competition among businesses and to ensure consumer protection. Under the wholesale dealer permit, dealers can only buy and sell to and from other dealers. While the wholesale license is critical to all dealers, being permitted to sell to the public requires an additional Retail Dealer License.
What Do You Need to Apply?
The process of gathering all of the required documents is a difficult task. Between tracking the forms down and keeping them organized, it can be a challenge for one person to do on their own. Submitting missing or inaccurate documents slow down the process significantly. At US Dealer Licensing, our experts are here to guide you through the entire operation. They can direct you to all the proper places where you can obtain the correct files, and even help you keep them organized. To get a Wisconsin wholesale dealer license, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must either lease or own a permanent business location that has an indoor office space.
- The dealership must have an indoor display space or an outdoor display lot adjacent to the office.
- Have or acquire a $25,000 surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit.
- Have proper zoning and local permit approval for the dealership location.
- Have a licensed representative.
- The dealership must display an exterior sign showing the name of the business.
- You must display your business hours on or next to your front door.
- Display a sign noting that you only sell to other dealers. Unless you also hold a retail license.
- You must be able to present a lease or deed of the business location.
- Be able to pay two years worth of fees for your dealer license, dealer plate, and representative license fee.
- Are of 18 years of age or older.
- You cannot have any convictions of a serious crime related to vehicle sales.
After your US Dealer Licensing agent confirms that you have met the requirements, you are set to move on to the application process. The State of Wisconsin has several components involved with their application that are difficult to decipher or even keep in order. It’s also easy to miss one of the many additional forms required with your application. Our qualified representatives can ease this process by helping you track down the proper paperwork needed for your use. You must provide the following to submit a complete application:
- Two copies of a Wholesaler Two Year License Application Form.
- An Owner Statement Form per owner.
- The Business Facilities Statement Form.
- A Dealer Bond Form or Irrevocable Letter of Credit.
- A Representative License Application Form.
- The Buyer’s License Application Form.
- A Salvage Buyer Identification Card Application Form.
The State of Wisconsin is very particular compared to other states when it comes to issuing a wholesale dealer license. Some forms even have to be completed entirely handwritten. Incomplete or incorrect applications risk delaying the process significantly. Our US Dealer Licensing representatives are experts when it comes to ensuring all completed forms live up to state standards. Their proficiency with these applications and forms can also reduce the stress of dealing with lengthy and complicated paperwork. We have a great relationship with the state and are here to offer you the resources you need to be able to obtain your license within thirty days. Nobody else can compare to the speed of our services. Not only do we walk you through the application process, but we will even provide you with official dealer plates after your application is approved! Reduce the stress of kickstarting your vehicle sales business and give us a call at 1 (888) 344-5570 or contact us online.
WHAT CLIENTS SAY?
"Easy process, good people. I got full auction access and my wholesale dealer license from them. My dealer plates are good too."
"Awesome company to deal with, they know what they are doing! Was buying and selling cars within 40 days!!!!"
"I was up and running in about 30-45 days with my own dealer license and company! Full auction access. This team knows what they are doing."