As you glance out over your array of recently purchased vehicles, you can’t help but feel a twinge of pride. You never thought that you could make a career out of flipping vehicles, but here you are, marveling at your fleet that’s ready to be sold at a dealer-only auction tomorrow…
You can thank your Wisconsin wholesale dealer license for that.
Have you ever dreamed of starting your own small auto business in Wisconsin?
We know what you’re thinking—how do I get started?Well, sit back and relax! We have all the inside details for you.
US Dealer Licensing is here to tell you that it’s more possible than you think!
With a wholesale dealer license in the state of Wisconsin, you can:
- Attend private, dealer-only auctions and salvage auctions
- Import vehicles
- Export vehicles to any country
- Buy and sell vehicles in bulk
What Are the Requirements for a Wholesale Dealer License in Wisconsin?
In the state of Wisconsin, a wholesale dealer license can be tricky to get with all the tedious paperwork that is required.
Let’s take a look at some of the requirements.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have no convictions of a serious crime related to vehicle sales.
- Have at least 2 years worth of payments saved up to cover expenses related to the dealer license, dealer plate, and representative license.
- Lease or own a permanent business location that has an indoor office space.
- You must have an indoor display space or an outdoor display lot adjacent to your office.
- You must acquire a $25,000 surety bond or an irrevocable letter of credit.
- You must have proper zoning and local permit approval for the dealership location.
- You must have a licensed representative.
- Your dealership must display an exterior sign showing the name of your business.
- You must display your business hours on or next to your front door.
- Unless you also hold a retail license, you must have a sign that states that you only sell to other dealers.
- You must be able to present a lease or deed of the business location.
Help With the Wholesale Dealer License Process, Please
We get it…that’s a lot to take in and even more to get in order!
That’s where US Dealer Licensing comes in.
We can help you get your wholesale dealer license in about 30 days with just 3 easy steps.
Step 1: Rent an Office
Our company will rent you an office complete with the required exterior signage. We will also make sure the building and office always stays up to compliance to meet the licensing requirements.
Step 2: Handle the Paperwork
The paperwork to become licensed can be extensive—especially in the state of Wisconsin. Incomplete or incorrect applications risk delaying the process significantly, which can be discouraging to any potential dealer. This is why our expert team members ensure that you include all documents and fill them out correctly.
Secondly, US Dealer Licensing finds the best deals on bonds and insurance and gets your company, EIN & prepared state applications submitted.
Step 3: Receiving Your License and Plates
Finally, once you have received your license and plates, our team will offer you ongoing support to continue guiding your new company to success.
Now Within Reach!
Once you have your dealer license, you’re free to begin buying and selling vehicles directly with dealers!
This means you can begin selling to other dealers, salvage auction companies, leasing companies, and more.
Let the fun begin!